Senior SEO/SEM/Conversion Consultant
at Marketade (Anywhere)
Marketade is seeking a senior-level SEO/SEM consultant for a full-time, 6-month engagement, with opportunity for longer-term work.
We are a small search and UX consultancy based in Washington DC. We work with a small number of interesting clients — from startups to Fortune 500 firms — and provide very high levels of service, acting more as an extension of their team than as an agency.
About the job:
- You’ll focus on 2-3 clients at a time and take on small projects for a handful of others
- You’ll own SEO and SEM for these clients
- You’ll do lots of A/B testing and conversion optimization on landing pages, home pages, lead forms, ad copy, and more
- You’ll constantly measure and analyze the results — and come up with new ideas for experiments — using quantitative tools (Google Analytics, KISSmetrics, Optimizely) and qualitative tools (UserTesting.com, Ethnio).
- For some clients, your main role will be providing analysis, strategy and tactical recommendations, and helping the client’s writers, marketers, UX designers, and IT team implement them
- For other clients, you’ll do just about everything yourself
- This is a 40-hour a week type job; we are not a 9-5 culture, but expect you to be mostly available during working hours; this is not a side project or nights-and-weekends gig.
- $65 – $100 per hour depending on experience
- You will likely be asked to do a trial run on a small project; this can be done while at your current job.
We want to talk to you if you:
- Are a Market Motive grad
- Have deep expertise and measurable success stories in SEO, SEM, and conversion rate optimization
- Do SEO by understanding how users search, improving the user experience, creating great content, and removing technical hurdles — rather than “building links” and tricking search engines
- Are eager to gain experience and skills in new areas
- Can’t wait to get to work in the morning to see the results of your A/B tests — and run new ones based on what you learn
- Understand how to write for the web, are a great content editor, and can teach SEO and web writing principles to other writers
- Are a Google Analytics ninja, a Webmaster Tools guru, and AdWords certified
- Communicate well in writing and over the phone with clients — and are super-detail-focused
- Can work virtually most of the time (our office is small)
Bonus points if you:
- Live in the DC metro area (preferred but not required)
- Are a technical SEO wizard, and can speak the language of web developers and webmasters
- Have experience with UX, usability, and IA — and can integrate them into your search work
- Have experience with Optimizely and KISSmetrics or equivalent tools
- Are interested in the Lean Startup movement
We will read your cover letter word for word … if it’s not canned. Tell us:
- What excites you most about this particular job
- How long you’ve been doing this type of work
- A few of your proudest achievements
Recent jobs at Marketade