A Comprehensive Overview
Welcome to our most popular course. The Foundations Course is the required starting point for many of our agency and enterprise groups.
It’s also the perfect primer for managers and business owners who need a sound understanding of a variety of disciplines.
The course is made up of eight mini-courses, providing learners with core concepts, context, and vocabulary.
Pass any six of the mini-courses, and earn your Foundations Certification.
Test Drive The Foundations Course
We’ve made the introduction video for each of the mini-courses available here, free.
Go ahead, check ‘em out. It’s like a complete digital marketing primer, no charge.
Don’t make expensive business decisions based on hunches. Make data your strongest tool.
- Introduction to Web Analytics
- Key Performance Indicators
- Qualitative Data
- Experimentation & Testing
- Competitive Intelligence
- Campaign Tracking
- Multi-Channel Attribution
Social Media Marketing
Engage your customers where they live. Build trust, relationships, conversations.
- Introduction to Social Media
- Making a Message Stick & Spread
- Social Media Channels
- Engaging with Influencers
- Listening & Reputation Management
- Social Media Measurement
- Integrating Social Media with Other Disciplines
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
There are six billion Google searches every day. You should be there.
- Introduction to SEO
- On-Page Optimization
- Off-Site Optimization
- Duplicate Content
- Keyword Research & Competitive Intelligence
- Design & Architecture
- Local SEO
- SEO Measurement
- Algorithm Updates & SEO Changes
- Integrating SEO with Other Disciplines
Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising
Target your prospects based on their interests and online behavior.
- Introduction to PPC
- Account Hierarchy
- The Buying Funnel
- The PPC Auction
- PPC Targeting Options
- Keyword Research
- Creating Compelling Ads
- Measuring Goals & Bidding Options
- PPC Audit
Understand what motivates your customer, and compel them to convert.
- Introduction to Conversion Optimization
- Building Momentum
- Understanding Personas
- Landing Pages
- Designing for Conversion
- The Conversion Trinity
- Integrating Conversion with Other Disciplines
Harness email’s power to nurture relationships with prospects and customers.
- Introduction to Email Marketing
- The Mailing List
- Elements of an Email
- Email Measurement
- Marketing Automation
- Email & Other Disciplines
Content provides genuine value, and positions you as a trusted adviser.
- Introduction to Content Marketing
- Content Marketing Strategy
- Overseeing a Content Marketing Program
- Content Marketing Tactics
- Social Media Platforms
- Content Marketing Budget & Measurement
Mobile spend is expected to hit $31.1 billion by 2017. The marketer who knows how to leverage mobile, and can keep up with its explosive growth, will own their audience.
- Introduction to Mobile Marketing
- Mobile’s Role In the Integrated Marketing Mix
- How to Find and Communicate with Your Mobilized Target Audience
- The Mobile User’s Expectations
- The Importance of Permission, Personalization, and Relevance
- Mobile’s Rules, Regulations, and Best Practices
- Staying Abreast of Ever-Changing Technologies
- Mobile Marketing Measurement
Team Training Made Easy
Managing an agency or in-house marketing group? Getting your whole team up to speed is easier than ever.
- No conference fees, no travel, no time away from work.
- Courses targeted to multiple proficiency levels.
- Powerful Manager’s Dashboard; Monitor progress, ensure ROI.
- Improve onboarding; Get new-hires productive faster.
- Expand team expertise; Bring critical skills in-house.
- Deep discounts on groups of 10-10,000.
Thousands Of Marketers Trust Market Motive
“Now that everyone knows what the SEO factors are, we are making clear decisions that boost our online presence collectively as a team.”
“It has made a huge difference of my understanding of what needs to get done.”
“[T]he measurable benefit is it’s expanding my team.”
What You’re Going To Learn
With Foundations, you’ll be well-versed in the essentials of all the critical digital marketing disciplines.
- Web Analytics
- Social Media
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Conversion Optimization
- Email Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
Did You Know:
Members get access to every course we offer – not just Foundations.
Every Full-length Certification Course, every Short Course.
Plus live webinars, and moderated forums.
Instantly Access 10 Self-paced Certification Courses
Foundations (8 mini-courses), Conversion, Analytics, SEO, PPC, Social, Mobile, Display, Content, Email
Study them all at your own pace, on your schedule
14 Self-paced Short Courses
8 Live Webinars Every Month
Over 400 Archived Videos and Recorded Webinars
- Let's Get Started
7 Day Money Back Guarantee – Cancel Anytime
Still Got Questions?
The courses feature streaming video lessons by leading industry speakers and authors. Courses also include downloadable Student Workbooks, section quizzes, suggested exercises, and sample projects available as supplemental learning material. Students will also have access to 8 live webinars each month, covering a variety of trending topics in online marketing.
Many of our faculty are authors, and materials may reflect the content of their publications; thus, being familiar with their published work may be an asset, but is not at all required.
We promote a cross-training philosophy, and make all our courses available to all our members. Digital marketing rewards the multi-hyphenate, and the more you understand multiple disciplines the healthier your skill set will be, and the more valuable you are to your company and clients.
That said, some of our licensing partners do offer discrete access to specific courses. If that’s what’s best for you, we’ll point you in their direction.
But Certification is a way to prove that you’ve done that work, and honed those skills. Our Certifications are recognized by OMCP®, the industry leading certifying body. Only the very best training courses that meet their stringent requirements earn that honor.
Self-paced members probably spend a total of 25-35 hours to complete a single Certification course. Since they study at their own speed as their schedule allows, how long that takes depends on how many hours you’ve got to dedicate to your studies each day or week. A few members have earned a Certification in a single month. On average, most have busy lives, and take about 10 weeks at 2-3 hours a week.
Coached Master Certification is a structured 90 day course, and the weekly exercises are mandatory. Plan on spending 5-7 hours per week, more when you’re working on your final project.
But if you have a desire to learn, take the time to watch the video lessons carefully, take good notes, and rewatch videos when necessary to assure you’re absorbing the materials, you’ll do well. Experienced or not.
But quitting isn’t in your nature.